B.Sc. (Medical Lab Technician)Back
Geetanjali Medical College & Hospital (GMCH)
Medical Laboratory Technology is a basic and important tool in the diagnosis/study of the various diseases for appropriate monitoring and treatment. The knowledge in the field of Hematology, Microbiology, Bio-chemistry, General Pathology, etc. is of utmost important for any skilled technician. Therefore, in the rapidly growing area of scientific knowledge and skills, laboratory science is an important area of study of Medical Laboratory Technicians.
Admission to the Bachelor of Science (Medical Lab Technology) degree course shall be open to
- The candidate shall complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st Dec. of the year of admission.
- A person who has passed 10+2 examination in Medical group in the Subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually both in Theory as well as practical & must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry & Biology (PCB) conducted by a recognized Board/Council/University. In respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English be 40% & 45% for PH Category candidate instead of 50%.
- A person who has passed 10+2 vocational course (Medical Lab Technology) in their respective elective subjects & English individually both in theory as well as practical & must have obtained 50% marks in the aggregate of the 3 elective subjects conducted by a recognized Board/Council/University.
- A person who has passed Part–I of B.Sc. medical recognized by State/Government University.
- A person holding qualification of diploma in MLT (2 or 3 yrs.) & must have obtained aggregate of minimum 50% marks & passed all the subjects individually from any recognized Board/Council/University shall also be eligible.
- Laboratory manager/Consultant/supervisor
- Health care Administrator
- Hospital Outreach coordination
- Laboratory information system Analyst/Consultant
- Educational consultant coordinator/ director
- Health and safety officer etc.